The Bundesliga is back! Wunderbar?

Hello Friends

Welcome back to my blog. I hope you are well and safe during this pandemic. I know the last time I posted, most football leagues had suspended.

Over 2 months later, the Bundesliga is the only top 5 league that has resumed and it has been interesting to see how football could possibly look like for the forseeable future. The first game I watched was the Ruhr derby between Dortmund and Schalke 04. It was odd for me not to see the Yellow wall or 80,000 fans at Signal Iduna Park for such a big match. As you are aware only up to 200 people can be present for a match, this includes medical staff, security personnel, coaches, players and ball boys. Also no more handshakes, a distance of 1,5 metres must be respected and no nasty tackles. These are all part of the league's guidelines.

Moving on Dortmund won 4-0 and are definitely giving Bayern Munich a run for their money. Looking at the sqaud with the likes of Haaland, Sancho, Reus, Reyna, Hakimi, they'll push Bayern to the limit and they meet tonight in Der Klassiker at 6:30pm.Unfortunately I'll miss the match as I have Dutch lessons but I'll definitely watch the highlights later on.

Bayern Munich are also on a good run themselves and have won their last 2 matches (0-2 against Union Berlin and 5-2 againt Eintracht Frankfurt) so tonight's game is important. A Bayern win will see them extend their lead to 7 points and a Dortmund lead will cut it to a single point so all to play for this evening.
Lets not forget RB Leipzig. They've been shaky lately after a draw against Freiburg but came back with a 5-0 win at Mainz. Timo Werner scored a hat trick and are slowly starting to recover from their slump.

The race for European places is heating up with Borussia Mochengladbach, Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg all truing to qualify next season.

After watching the Bundesliga the last 2 weeks, I must admit it'll take time to get used to watching football games in such a manner but as a football fan I'm thankful that it returned after 66 days. Maybe this is the model that the major leagues should follow. 

In other news the leagues in Spain and Portugal will resume in June ,but still waiting to hear from England and Italy about resuming the leagues. 

Anyway thanks for reading my latest piece. Feel free to share my blog with other football lovers in tour circles. We can make score predictions and speak about football even further.

Take care of yourself and those aroud you

Ciao

PS Here are the highlights of games in case you missed them. 

Happy Watching


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea v Everton:Kai Havertz impresses in crucial win for the Blues

Champions League: What a week of drama

Chelsea v Southampton: 2 points dropped by the Blues