Chelsea ripped to shreds by Sheffield United

Hi everyone

I hope you're well. Writing this post isnt easy,especially after seeing your team receive a 3-0 hiding in the Premier League. Thank goodness I didnt watch the 1st half on Saturday. I probably might have broken my telly out of anger and disappointment.

The Blues were unfortunately no better in the second half as they had lots of chances but The Blades defended valiantly and played way better. Luckily the defeat didnt have dire consequences as Leicester were hammered 4-1 by Bournemouth on Sunday and Southampton left Old Trafford with a point after a 2-2 draw last night.

In all honesty, the defence has been Chelsea's weak point, which was unimaginable years ago with the likes of Terry,Carvahlo,Ashley Cole, Alex,Bosingwa, Gallas and the list is endless. As I've been saying throughout the season, Frank Lampard needs to buy a new left back like Ben Chilwell or Nicolas Tagliafico this summer if they want to compete for the title next year.A new goalkeeper is also needed as I've lost faith in Kepa. Yes he has been let down by his defence but for a £72 million signing, I expect so much more. If Chelsea can swap for Jan Oblak or AndrĂ© Onana,that would make a big difference for sure.

Tonight its Norwich City who are relegated and have nothing to play for in all honesty.A win today would open a gap between us,Man Utd and Leicester City. I expect nothing less than a win and after its Man Utd in the FA Cup followed by Liverpool at Anfield next wednesday and Wolves at home to finish the season. I believe qualifying for the CHampions League will be decided on the final day as Man Utd travel to Leicester on the same day so I'll be following the 2 matches simultaneously. 

Anyway thanks for reading my post and as usual if you have more comments or queries dont hesitate to contact me on social media.

Take care and to my French readers Bonne FĂȘte Nationale. 

Here are the highlights of Saturday's defeat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea v Everton:Kai Havertz impresses in crucial win for the Blues

Champions League: What a week of drama

Chelsea v Southampton: 2 points dropped by the Blues