Chelsea v Southampton: 2 points dropped by the Blues
Good afternoon everyone
I hope you're well and had a good weekend. So what a dramatic weekend of football we had starting with the Merseyside derby and it continued with Chelsea-Southampton which finished 3-3 after the Saints managed to grab a point at the death thanks to Vestergaard. Once again Chelsea fail to kill off a match and this will cost them dearly come end of the season.
Where do I begin? oh yes the defence. With Mendy injured, Kepa was put in the starting XI to prove his worth to the coach and he failed the test. With Thiago Silva being left out with Sevilla to come in midweek it was the duo Zouma-Christiansen and I wasnt convinced one bit. Thankfully Lamaprd will be able to call on him for tomorrow's match and with Man United to come at the weekeend,it'll be interesting to see which team he sends out tomorrow night at the Bridge.Glad that Werner got a double and Havertz scored as well. Hopefully this is the beginning of great things to come.
Sevilla will also be looking to bounce back after losing to Granada at the weekend. They may only be known as Europa League specialists but they tend to do well in Europe so tuesday's game wont be a walk in the park. Who ever wins the match is likely to finish first in the group. Hopefully Chelsea will do better this time around after a shick defeat last year against Valencia. I predict a tight game and I say it'll be 2-1 to Chelsea.
Well on a personal note I'm looking forward to the Champions League returning tomorrow night.
Thank you very much for reading my articles. Have a great week ahead.
Take care, stay safe and please wear a mask
Till next time
Here are the highlights from saturday's match
Enjoy!
Comments