Where have you been Roger?
Evening ladies and gentlemen
Sorry for the long delay.Had exams,got a new job so I haven't been able to blog,but I'm back and I'll be blogging every Sunday from now on.
So Euro 2016 came and went, and it was described as a success with many more teams participating and I have to say the team that shocked me was Wales.They showed that you don't need superstars to win tournaments,but being together stronger orgyda'i gilydd yn gryfach(please excuse my Welsh,its not that great) ,which was of course their mantra throughout qualifying and I can say that the future is bright for Welsh football .As a France fan I'm sad Les Bleus didn't win but they have improved since the debacle of South Africa 2010.I would change a few things about the team though.There is no leadership and for me personally Hugo Lloris isn't exactly one to lead a team of players with big egos due to his quiet personality.I would appoint Mamadou Sakho or Evra(despite what happened in South Africa) but hey what do I know?Maybe we'll see changes when the WC Qualifiers for Russia 2018 start in September.The team that disappointed me the most was England.With such talent available I expected them to mount a challenge but they disappointed against Iceland.Sam Allardyce has a big job changing the mentality of the lads,but he's the man for the job and his track record suggests so.He loves 4-4-2 and long balls so we know what to expect unlike Roy Hodgson whom we couldn't tell his preferred formation or starting 11.
So lets talk about Chelsea.First of all I'd like to say well done on appointing Antonio Conte. He is a proven winner and is flexible in terms of formation.So far he's been using 4-4-2 but we know he favours 3-5-2,4-4-3 or even 4-2-4 depending on the opponent. Pre-season suggests Chelsea are on the right path despite losing 3-2 to European champions Real Madrid last night.The main aim is to rebuild fitness and confidence,which was lacking last year and caused us to finish 10th.This time around we'll be ready for the EPL and returning the trophy to Stamford Bridge in West London but it wont be easy as the bog boys have also spent big this time around unlike in 2015. Kudos on the signings of Ngolo Kante and Michy Bastuayi. Now there's quality. The only concern is a proper left back and centre-back.Hopefully that will be addressed before the window closes at the end of August.So it'll be advantage Chelsea in the title race as they wont be competing in Europe for the first time since 1996 so lets see where they'll be by Christmas.
So next Sunday is the Community Shield and it'll be our old boss Jose Mourinho and Man Utd taking on Claudio Rainieri's Leicester City.It'll be an interesting match and will be too close to call but I'm backing Man Utd to win 3-2 or on penalties.
Next weekend the EPL returns so expect a lot of posts from me related to Chelsea throughout the season as well as predictions and opinions
Thank you and goodnight
Predictions
Community Shield
Leicester City 2-3 Manchester United
Sorry for the long delay.Had exams,got a new job so I haven't been able to blog,but I'm back and I'll be blogging every Sunday from now on.
So Euro 2016 came and went, and it was described as a success with many more teams participating and I have to say the team that shocked me was Wales.They showed that you don't need superstars to win tournaments,but being together stronger orgyda'i gilydd yn gryfach(please excuse my Welsh,its not that great) ,which was of course their mantra throughout qualifying and I can say that the future is bright for Welsh football .As a France fan I'm sad Les Bleus didn't win but they have improved since the debacle of South Africa 2010.I would change a few things about the team though.There is no leadership and for me personally Hugo Lloris isn't exactly one to lead a team of players with big egos due to his quiet personality.I would appoint Mamadou Sakho or Evra(despite what happened in South Africa) but hey what do I know?Maybe we'll see changes when the WC Qualifiers for Russia 2018 start in September.The team that disappointed me the most was England.With such talent available I expected them to mount a challenge but they disappointed against Iceland.Sam Allardyce has a big job changing the mentality of the lads,but he's the man for the job and his track record suggests so.He loves 4-4-2 and long balls so we know what to expect unlike Roy Hodgson whom we couldn't tell his preferred formation or starting 11.
So lets talk about Chelsea.First of all I'd like to say well done on appointing Antonio Conte. He is a proven winner and is flexible in terms of formation.So far he's been using 4-4-2 but we know he favours 3-5-2,4-4-3 or even 4-2-4 depending on the opponent. Pre-season suggests Chelsea are on the right path despite losing 3-2 to European champions Real Madrid last night.The main aim is to rebuild fitness and confidence,which was lacking last year and caused us to finish 10th.This time around we'll be ready for the EPL and returning the trophy to Stamford Bridge in West London but it wont be easy as the bog boys have also spent big this time around unlike in 2015. Kudos on the signings of Ngolo Kante and Michy Bastuayi. Now there's quality. The only concern is a proper left back and centre-back.Hopefully that will be addressed before the window closes at the end of August.So it'll be advantage Chelsea in the title race as they wont be competing in Europe for the first time since 1996 so lets see where they'll be by Christmas.
So next Sunday is the Community Shield and it'll be our old boss Jose Mourinho and Man Utd taking on Claudio Rainieri's Leicester City.It'll be an interesting match and will be too close to call but I'm backing Man Utd to win 3-2 or on penalties.
Next weekend the EPL returns so expect a lot of posts from me related to Chelsea throughout the season as well as predictions and opinions
Thank you and goodnight
Predictions
Community Shield
Leicester City 2-3 Manchester United
Comments