New year,same story
Hi everyone
Season's greetings for 2017...I know. its late.So you're all wondering why I've been quiet for a long time
I was accepted to study journalism at the Université Catholique de Louvain in Belgium and had been busy nonstop.So apologies for the silence. Honestly speaking the 1st semester was not easy at all as I had arrived just as it had began and I didn't really have time to settle in. The good news is I got to spend Christmas and New Years with my family and for me that was very special.
As second semester looms,hopefully things will be much better now.Still getting used to writing exams in January...sigh and also the environment is very different from what I experienced in Namibia,that's not to discourage you from studying abroad. Its a wonderful opportunity and with Europe,its simple to travel across the 27 EU member states.Hopefully in the summer I can go to Amsterdam,Barcelona or Berlin.
I know at the beginning it wasn't easy as I was away from family and friends...fortunately my brother is in Berlin so it made the transition easier and I'm slowly making new friends in my course and outside.I hope to continue to making new friends throughout my course.Not only there but in my church as well.
With the demands for my course,it hasn't been easy for me to build relationships within the church of Christ in Brussels as I only get to see my brethren once or twice a week if I'm not busy.Hopefully this year I'll build relationships there and the first step is me taking initiative to know people,whether by sharing a meal together or activities,I think I can do more this year.Hopefully I'll be able to strike a balance between school,social life and spiritual life without neglecting one or all of them
Anyway wishing you all the best for 2017 and I'll post on football hopefully at the weekend
Take Care
Roger
Season's greetings for 2017...I know. its late.So you're all wondering why I've been quiet for a long time
I was accepted to study journalism at the Université Catholique de Louvain in Belgium and had been busy nonstop.So apologies for the silence. Honestly speaking the 1st semester was not easy at all as I had arrived just as it had began and I didn't really have time to settle in. The good news is I got to spend Christmas and New Years with my family and for me that was very special.
As second semester looms,hopefully things will be much better now.Still getting used to writing exams in January...sigh and also the environment is very different from what I experienced in Namibia,that's not to discourage you from studying abroad. Its a wonderful opportunity and with Europe,its simple to travel across the 27 EU member states.Hopefully in the summer I can go to Amsterdam,Barcelona or Berlin.
I know at the beginning it wasn't easy as I was away from family and friends...fortunately my brother is in Berlin so it made the transition easier and I'm slowly making new friends in my course and outside.I hope to continue to making new friends throughout my course.Not only there but in my church as well.
With the demands for my course,it hasn't been easy for me to build relationships within the church of Christ in Brussels as I only get to see my brethren once or twice a week if I'm not busy.Hopefully this year I'll build relationships there and the first step is me taking initiative to know people,whether by sharing a meal together or activities,I think I can do more this year.Hopefully I'll be able to strike a balance between school,social life and spiritual life without neglecting one or all of them
Anyway wishing you all the best for 2017 and I'll post on football hopefully at the weekend
Take Care
Roger
Comments