2018 already? How time flies
Good day everyone
First of all, compliments of 2018 to you and yours. Hope you all had a great 2017.May 2018 be the year of success
Sorry for the long silence.My Masters programme kept me busy all year hence I was unable to post on my blog consistently ,but worry no more,I'll try to be more consistent this year .
Anyway I'm going to talk about Chelsea's season so far and to be honest its been disappointing,15 points behind Man City,losing to Arsenal on Wednesday and a UCL match against Barca in 3 weeks.The months of February and march will make or break Chelsea's season.At least the FA Cup is something that can be won this year.Hopefully in the summer Chelsea will spend big and be able to compete.Thankfully we arent in 10th place, o its better than 2-3 years ago
Yesterday's win against Newcastle was a good response to Wednesday's defeat and Michy Batshuayi defenitely was my man of the match with his brace and that wonderful free-kick by Marcos Alonso (no defender has scored more goals in the EPL than him with 10 goals) so lets do the same on wednesday at Bournemouth and continue to keep the pressure on Man City.
UCL it'll take a miracle to defeat FC Barcelona who are undefeated in La Liga this season and look set to win it but history has shown that Chelsea tend to do well against Messi and co.It'll be different as they've spent really well this year and look to win all titles available.With the 1st leg at the Bridge,its important Chelsea score enough goals and maybe park the bus and the Nou Camp in March.
Transfers.I'm disappointed to see Chelsea being linked to Peter Crouch,Andy Carroll etc. There's better quality forwards out there.We're the English champions for crying out loud. Anyway cant wait for deadline day on wednesday (the most exciting time of the season).Overall I'm happy Ross Barkley was bought.He just needs time to adjust to the Chelsea way and he'll definitely come good.
Tactics. I do respect Antonio Conte for all that he's done but at times I question his tactics and team selections. 3-5-2 is useful if you're playing the big 6 and dont want to lose.3-4-3 is good when you're playing teams in the bottom half of the table.
Also please start Drinkwater over Bakayoko. The Englishman has done a lot more in a short space of time than the former AS Monaco man, who's yet to pay back the €40 million spent on him last year but I'm sure he'll be a better player next season.
In conclusion,I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and hopefully winning a trophy
Have a good week
Predictions for EPL matches this week.Feel free to post yours on this post
First of all, compliments of 2018 to you and yours. Hope you all had a great 2017.May 2018 be the year of success
Sorry for the long silence.My Masters programme kept me busy all year hence I was unable to post on my blog consistently ,but worry no more,I'll try to be more consistent this year .
Anyway I'm going to talk about Chelsea's season so far and to be honest its been disappointing,15 points behind Man City,losing to Arsenal on Wednesday and a UCL match against Barca in 3 weeks.The months of February and march will make or break Chelsea's season.At least the FA Cup is something that can be won this year.Hopefully in the summer Chelsea will spend big and be able to compete.Thankfully we arent in 10th place, o its better than 2-3 years ago
Yesterday's win against Newcastle was a good response to Wednesday's defeat and Michy Batshuayi defenitely was my man of the match with his brace and that wonderful free-kick by Marcos Alonso (no defender has scored more goals in the EPL than him with 10 goals) so lets do the same on wednesday at Bournemouth and continue to keep the pressure on Man City.
UCL it'll take a miracle to defeat FC Barcelona who are undefeated in La Liga this season and look set to win it but history has shown that Chelsea tend to do well against Messi and co.It'll be different as they've spent really well this year and look to win all titles available.With the 1st leg at the Bridge,its important Chelsea score enough goals and maybe park the bus and the Nou Camp in March.
Transfers.I'm disappointed to see Chelsea being linked to Peter Crouch,Andy Carroll etc. There's better quality forwards out there.We're the English champions for crying out loud. Anyway cant wait for deadline day on wednesday (the most exciting time of the season).Overall I'm happy Ross Barkley was bought.He just needs time to adjust to the Chelsea way and he'll definitely come good.
Tactics. I do respect Antonio Conte for all that he's done but at times I question his tactics and team selections. 3-5-2 is useful if you're playing the big 6 and dont want to lose.3-4-3 is good when you're playing teams in the bottom half of the table.
Also please start Drinkwater over Bakayoko. The Englishman has done a lot more in a short space of time than the former AS Monaco man, who's yet to pay back the €40 million spent on him last year but I'm sure he'll be a better player next season.
In conclusion,I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and hopefully winning a trophy
Have a good week
Predictions for EPL matches this week.Feel free to post yours on this post
- 33
Comments