Post World Cup:Same Chelsea,different manager

Good day everyone

Long time no hear.Sorry for the long absence, university kept me busy and also there was the World Cup, which was won by France (félicitations les Bleus).Anyway I thought it was the best World Cup ever with so many goals and controversial decisions (thanks to VAR) and the atmosphere in Belgium was amazing whenever Les Diables Rouges played. Well done to them for finishing 3rd (their best ever finish).

I most definitely enjoyed watching Belgium play England,they definitely had their number and it also saw the return of the famous song "football is coming home",but fair play to them,nobody expected them to go beyond the last 16.In Gareth Southgate,they have a good young manager who wasnt afraid to pick youngsters,Cant wait to see how the team will do in the next couple of years.

The most disappointing teams have to be Spain and Argentina.I mean who changes their manager 1 day before the World Cup? Thats unprofessional in my opinion and Argentina,for all the attacking prowess of Messi,Higuain,Aguero,Di Maria and Dybala,they failed to live up to expectations and also it seemed like the coach didn't know his best starting 11.

Anyway now that the World Cup is done and dusted for 4 years,lets focus on Chelsea.After sacking Conte on July 11(took them long enough but still thankful for the memories ),we welcome Maurizio Sarri,another Italian expert tactician that nearly led Napoli to the Scudetto and definitely gave Juventus a run for their money with their attacking style of play with the 4-3-3 formation.

I personally believe he's the man to take Chelsea back to the UCL,the league is a long shot but Europa League,FA Cup and League Cup are all possible.It'll take time for his style of play to to be fully understood by the players but after watching the match on Monday,I'm slightly optimistic for the upcoming season.

So far the signings have been good,especially Jorginho,but more needs to be done and also the futures of Hazard,Willian ,Kanté and Courtois need to be resolved ASAP.With less than 3 weeks before the season starts, we deserve to know if they'll still be wearing or if they'll leave the SW6. I personally hope they stay as they are key players and can take the team very far If Hazard takes the captain's armband,even better. Cahill looks like he has no future at Stamford Bridge,but I wouldnt mind Azpilicueta as captain either. I'd give youngsters a chance during the pre season and also in cup games just go give them experience instead of loaning them across Europe.

To conclude,I just want to say thank you all for your patience.Hopefully I'll post more on my blog during the season.

If you have views on the game,feel free to post on my blog or contact me via my social media pages

Have a great weekend,


Au revoir

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea v Everton:Kai Havertz impresses in crucial win for the Blues

Champions League: What a week of drama

Chelsea v Southampton: 2 points dropped by the Blues