Chelsea v Sheffield United: Blues show fighting spirit to claim 3 points

 Hi everyone

I hope you're well and safe during these unprecented times. I'm sorry for not being consistent. Its been a busy couple of weeks. Anyway lets get on with it. Credit to Chelsea for coming back from 1-0 after 9 minutes to win 4-1 against Sheffield United on saturday afternoon. The goals scored by the Blades were the first to be conceeded by the Blues in all comptetitions after 10 hours. 

I initially thought that Chelsea was returning to their old ways (defensive naivety etc) but praise to the boys for not giving up and taking the game by the scruff of the neck. This win puts them in 3rd place , behind Leicester and Liverpool. This is a good way to enter the final international break of 2020. This means no EPL for 2 weeks but on the other hand the next couple of fixtures are looking not so kind with Newcastle away, Rennes away in the Champions League where victory will assure qualification to the next round and we end november with a fesity November at home against Tottenham and Jose Mourinho, who'll be looking to claim his first victory at Stamford Bridge as the opposing manager. History shows that these games are feisty, full of controversy and often unpredictable so I wont dare make a score prediction till I see the team sheet on November 29.

Special credit must also be given to Hakim Ziyech who's making quite the impact at Chelsea since returning from injury. His left foot is definitely a thing of beauty and is definitely the key player who can unlock stubborn defences and create something out of nothing. At €40 million, he's definitely starting to look like the signing of the season. Once Pulusic and Havertz return its going to be interesting to see how Frank Lampard will fit all players in the starting 11.


I must also say bravo to Thiago Silva who has transformed the leaky defence into a strong one. Along side Zouma, they're quite strong and I believe he'll offer a lot of guidance to the younger defenders such as Tomori and Christiansen. Plus he scored his first goal for the club on saturday so congratulations to him. Of course he'll still have to learn English to communicate with other defenders like Chilwell and James but at the rate he's playing, he's definitely brought the much needed expereince to the defence. Plus Lampard is managing his workload very well so that he doesnt get injured.Not bad for a 36 year old ey?

Oh and to finish I say merci to Edouard Mendy. Since his arrival the Chelsea defence has been solid and are now marshalled by a confident goal keeper. The Senegal international was recruited at the request of Petr Cech (who also played at Rennes before joining Chelsea in 2004). Of course its early days and we shouldnt be too excited but he's definitely a huge upgrade on Kepa. I know its harsh to say but the Spaniard has a fight on his hands to reclaim the no 1 spot from Mendy. For €25  million I say wow what a deal. Well done Chelsea board.

Anyway thank you so much for reading my articles and being patient with me. Have a good international break and see you in 2 weeks when I analyse Newcastle v Chelsea.

Take care and be safe

Ciao

Here are the highlights from Saturday's game. Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea v Everton:Kai Havertz impresses in crucial win for the Blues

Champions League: What a week of drama

Chelsea v Southampton: 2 points dropped by the Blues