New Premier League season,same issues
Hello everyone
I hope you are all well and had a restful summer break. The good news is the Premier League is back and Chelsea kicked off their campaign with a 3-1 win at Brighton on Monday night. I'll be honest the Seagulls took the game to the Blues who were far from convincing defensively especially when Tossard scored the esquisite equalizer in the second half after a Jorginho penalty before half time.
After shipping in 54 goals last season,one would think that the defenders would have learnt from their mistakes. Clearly they didnt. In this game I can only fault Kepa who should have done way better in my opinion.
But lets focus on the positives. Timo Werner looked sharp for his debut and with his pace gave the Brighton defence a hard time. Kai Havertz didnt look too great after a long season participating in the Europa League with Leverkusen and Germany in the Nations League so its too early to judge him.
The beautiful goal by Reece James was just incredible. I could watch it over and over again. And the 3rd goal by Zouma which did deflect off Dunk was just good fortune if anything but overall the Blues just got about the job done. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll see other new signings like Ziyech, Thiago Silva, Chilwell and see how they fit into the team. Exciting times ahead
Next up is Liverpool at home on sunday afternoon and it wont be a walk in the park. The league champions still have players who can do damage like Salah,Mane and Firmino but their defence has been shaky lately and Leeds have shown the rest of the EPL how to cause problems for the Reds.Overall its going to be a spectacle but I dont see Chelsea winning unless they defend really well so I predict a draw.
Thank you very much for reading the latest post and have a good weekend and start to the autumn
As usual if you'd like to discuss football related issues feel free to comment on my blog or on my social media accounts.
Here are the highlights of Monday's match
Enjoy
Comments